As seen through blue eyes

As seen through blue eyes
My perspective. sirWilliam's lil Blog about Blogable Stuff.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

I am a But Man

For my first Blog I thought you might want to know something about the blogger. I am a but man. I have been for as long as I can remember. I pick my friends by their buts. I hire people by their buts. I have let people go because of their but. I chose to do business with people because of their buts. I vote based on a candidate's but.

I even base my belief and faith on a but. I think Jesus had/has the greatest but of all time. I have to quote a piece I wrote in a Faithwriter entry to explain.

"Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane. It was time. One of the strongest words He ever used on earth was about to be released. Jesus got down on His knees a stones throw from His sleeping disciples. He prayed so earnestly, an Angel from heaven came to strengthen Him. Luke 22:44 says, ”…His sweat was like drops of blood falling to the ground.” It was there, Jesus spoke the but that would change the world.

“Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, BUT yours.”

Without that "but" there would have been no Calvery, no ressurection, no salvation. There would not be anything with out Jesus', "but."

We face a lot of challenges in life and the difference between those who triumph and those who become discouraged is the the use of our buts.

Our but defines who we are. We are either an overcomer who says, "I know there are many obstacles, BUT I can do this because of this that or the other." Or, we are a weak person who says, "I would love to do this that or the other, but I am tired, but I don't have a car, but I don't blah. blah, blah, blah.

Our but is either where we attatch our statement of faith, or where we hang our excuses.

When we start in getting in shape for the beach this Spring, let's not forget our spiritual man and make sure we check our buts out and get them in shape and work to keep them there.

God Bless.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful first post! I'm delighted that my but is getting stronger every day. :) I'll be sure to pay even more attention to it now. Thanks, Bill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I'm your first follower! WooT! (Doesn't take much to excite me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first post! Welcome to blogger land! I didn't reailize you are from Florida!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful (and powerful) message to read this Sunday morning. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking blog. You are a quick learner! Love this post. It's very powerful. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete